Sunday, January 8, 2012

The first post-holiday post

It's taken me a little longer than I had initially thought it would to get back in the blogging saddle. (I know that sounds incredibly corny, but I couldn't resist). When I started this blog a few weeks ago I thought I'd be posting at least once a week. I'll try harder to make that happen from now on. But as my hubby gently stated a few minutes ago, maybe my life is too boring to blog about. He was kidding.
Our Christmas celebrations included flying East to be with our wonderful families. We saw my parents and brother, sister-in-law, and beautiful niece first. Then, my parents drove us to Bennington, VT where we met up with Russ' parents. We stayed with them in NH until New Year's Day. It was so good to be with our family and see old friends. I knew I missed them, but didn't realize how much until we were all together again. As always, it was over way too quickly. One thing I don't miss, however, is the holiday calorie intake! Oh my goodness, did we eat well (and by well I mean soooo badly). There were too many delicious meals and cookies to count.
After a painfully long day of flying, we opened the door to our humble little house, cranked the heat back up, and plopped down on the couch for the rest of the evening. It was good to be home. Just three short months ago, home was my parents' house in NY. Even when I lived in Michigan last year, I still considered their house my home. But now, that comforting word has a new meaning for me. I saw a quote on Pinterest last month that defines this word so well. It simply says, "Home is where your husband is." So for now, home is with my hubby in Spokane, WA.
We're back to our pre-holiday routine. It's back to work for my hubby and back to nannying for me (sure to be a source of many future blog posts). Plus, now I'm joining my hubby at the Crossfit gym. Oh Crossfit...workouts that have the power to destroy every single muscle in your body. I'm counting on it to destroy the holiday fat, too. ;)
How is the New Year treating you?

3 comments:

  1. i can't believe i didn't know you had officially joined the blogging ranks! bethany...this is WONDERFUL!!! i just made room for you in google reader so i can add you to my subscriptions and stay under 100! :) thanks for providing encouraging insights and updates. keep up the great work! miss you and love you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words, friend! Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep wanting to start a blog, too. One of these days!! I hope you are enjoying your "new" life. I was in your shoes when I moved to Walton- new home, hubby,name, job, culture, everything! I hope you find what I found- love in a special family (hint, hint) and a church family.

    ReplyDelete