Friday, March 9, 2012

Spring is in the Air!

Lord, thank you for this beautiful day!
I don't think I was even aware of how badly my mind, body, and spirit needed sunshine and mild temperatures! It's gorgeous out today, and I've been taking advantage of this awesome weather. Hubby and I started the day with our favorite paleo breakfast, paleo pancakes. I add a splash of vanilla and some cinnamon. They are as easy as the boxed variety, but grain and dairy free! Plus, we like them even better. Make them. Eat them. Love them. You won't be sorry!
I took Otto for a sunny walk/run around our neighborhood and to a small nearby park. While running through the park, we came across a pit bull mix without a human. Otto and said pit bull had a grand old time jumping on and sniffing each other. Otto was definitely doing the majority of the jumping. After about a minute or so of this puppy play, I was ready to resume our run. I tugged Otto away so we could continue. Guess who followed? I couldn't ditch the wandering dog! He kept jogging behind us despite my best efforts to get rid of him several times with a stern "go home!" He followed us right to our door, which is at least 1/2 mile from where he found us. Hopefully the friendly guy made it home safely!
By the way, Otto has had that cone on his head for less than a week because of his "puppy tacks" to fix an issue with his left eyelid. Yes, it is currently held together with an obscene amount of duct tape. He's destructive, to say the least.
Between jumbo loads of laundry (it really piles up around here) and dinner prep, we've also been out to do some yard work. Ok, I did yard work while Otto chewed sticks.
How else can I take advantage of this day? I'm hoping this afternoon's crossfit workout has a running component! I'd like to be inside as little as possible. Let's have some more days like this one!
How do you make the most of a beautiful day in early March?

No comments:

Post a Comment