Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April Goals

I realize that this post should have happened on Sunday in order ensure a whole month of goal meeting, but I just made these goals this morning. And, inspired by my dear friend Beka at bekastays, I figured I should make them public for a little accountability. I can't break goals that all five of my readers know about! ;) I've written a few health related posts about Crossfit, Paleo, and Zone, which I truly believe are all wonderful tools to health and fitness. But I need to confess that I've been a big fat cheater. It's been a week since I've been to the Crossfit gym. (That streak ends today!) And, my bad snacking habits have taken me far beyond the boundaries of Paleo and Zone. I think part of my failure to really stick to these "diets" has stemmed from a lack of goal setting. That will no longer be an excuse because, oh man, do I ever have goals now! I created a list of workout goals and healthy eating goals along with a plan for following through.

Workout Goals:
  • Xfit 2-3 times/week- Improve times and weights
  • Run 6 miles/week (Bonus: Tire out the pup at the same time!)
  • Ab exercises 6 days/week
  • Tone legs and butt- At least 100 air squats and 50 mountain climbers on Xfit off days
  • Lose 1 pant size- At least 1 inch from waist, hips, and thighs
  • Fill in the gaps with Jillian- Level 3 of 30 Day Shred
Healthy Eating Goals:
  • Stay in the Zone! 11 blocks/day
  • Say "NO" to excess snacking
  • 1 "cheat" meal/month (I'm thinking it will probably be Easter this month) ;)
  • Try 1 new recipe/week
  • No more than 1 cup of coffee per day-->Drink more tea!
  • Drink at least 8 cups of water/day
Follow Through:
  • Accountability! This post is part of my follow through plan, but sometimes I need a little extra accountability. Does anyone want to call or send me encouraging/motivational texts? Some days I could really use them! ;)
  • Wear workout clothes and sneakers to work. Bang out some of those ab, leg and butt exercises while the kids are taking naps.
  • Intrinsic Motivation/ Emotional connection to Goals- Remember that I'm doing this for my overall health and happiness.
  • Don't let the weather get me down! I just have to accept that the weather in Spokane sucks 90% of the time. Rain ain't no thang!
  • Be motivated. Be tough. Have fun!
  • Don't quit.

Do you have any health or fitness goals? How about some advice? I'd love to hear them!

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! Love your ambitious goals!!!

    (Make eating chocolate a goal too, you know, because a girl's gotta have something in life.)

    ReplyDelete